Tuesday 8 May 2012

Real Life "Mean Girls" At The Gig

OK, so this is a personal bitch today...


My (admittedly cold) heart goes out to any girl who's boyfriend is in a band.


No, not because of the drug addiction, or the cheating, or the crazy schedule... but because of the other members girlfriends. I should know, I am one.


You tend to get two groups- the cliched and the outcasts. In a four-piece band, maybe three of them will all be identical, these are the cliched. In this case, these girls have medium length hair, medium in colour, they wear plain jeans and safe chiffon tops with practical shoulder bags. Every. Single. Time.


And they hate me.

 

Not outwardly, but I am definitely the outcast of the group; maybe they are offended by my 5 inch heels? Maybe they hate my overly-classy dresses? Maybe it's because they were so cold towards me the first few times I met them, that now they whinge I don't make an effort to talk to them. Go figure.

 

So now the other members don't tell my boyfriend about a gig until the last minute. Then they take all the tickets so I am never able to get into events (one woman I spoke to was surprised because she had given out band-member tickets... to the worst members mother, seems she stole them all for the sensible-pump brigade). They wont allow me to help book gigs (they are currently getting local ones, once a month. I got them about 5 in a large city scene, which they turned down.).

 

They ignore me when I am there, and when I try to get up to dance they create a barrier of denim and swishing pale pink between me and the band.

 

So I sit on a table alone, nursing my Malibu & white wine. My boyfriend knows all his fellow band members girlfriends... and their mothers... and sisters... and yet, I know no-one. I wouldn't even recognise the drummer if I saw him in the street (he's quite new, been in the band a few months), yet my other half has been known to laugh and chat with his sister in public.

 

Oh well, at least I am the hottest girl there. That's probably why they hate me.


No comments:

Post a Comment